Friday, July 28, 2006

Polish Beer Review

This is a new feature. For the foreseeable future I will review Polish and other eastern European beers. For the purposes of this series, Czech beers will be considered western European.

Today's beer is "Warka." According to the label it is brewed with natural ingredients and spring water. The Warka brewery is located in the Mazovia region of Poland, which is the home of some nobleman and general with a difficult name to read in the fine print. He was also a hero of the American revolution, or so they say.

The beer is typical of the lesser eastern European beers in that is is heavy and cloyingly sweet. I do not like it. I do not like it at all. I wouldn't go so far as to say it really sucks, but I am comfortable saying that it kind of sucks.

Final grade: B+.

(In order to locate C on the curve, we condsider Budwieser to average)