Sunday, June 04, 2006

Yet Another Hectic Week


Limleen from Singapore illustrates the way work dominates so much of our lives and feelings.

Im always in deep thoughts, always pondering ' what if'.. & setting standards to things i do, eg. how i put myself totally into work and many aspects of striving further and stretching myself to the edge.

Ive been going thru a very hectic week....

im fighting hard to gain more business.... ive been demanding, much worse, im sooo impatient with the ppl i work with in operations... and ive not been nice to ppl around me.

i had been working rather hectically, till to the point that i caused many unhappiness to people working with me.... jus bcos i feel that they are not as agile as me, & being slow....

I sat down and do some reflections alone tonight at nearby coffeeshop, with many sticks of cig... and a glass of tea ice, & i sort out my wrong doings -

i should slow down my pace abit. Ive been too quick witted, being eager and getting more & more impatient when things are not done to my expectations.

ive expect too much from the team, & just can't stand a little shortcoming from how ppl work.... i should had been more understanding, accept and improve whats happening instead of being so mad and impatient.

ive been so occupied that i totally ignore whats on the other side of life, other than work. Perhaps i show no emotions or just did not want to think abt it.

There's this anxiety in me... perhaps i really think too much.

I jus recieved a hand written letter from a good friend. It gives me such sweet warm feeling to know that she care for me although i had almost forgotten to say hi to her in a way for awhile.

another hectic day tomorrow... my anxiety comes again when i think of work !

ending here to stop my brain from thinking what's gonna happen tomorrow.

I know it’s stereotypical to associate those kinds of worries with striving Asians, but I see it across all cultures in my workaday world. Welcome to the 21st century. See you on the O.T.