Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Stay tuned, more to come



Sorry I haven't posted much lately. I've been very busy with prepping photos for upcoming shows, grant applications and working on the long delayed web site. With all that crap, I've pretty much quit generating new work, but yesterday was the annual Jouvert parade, so I got my sorry ass out of bed at 4 am and made my way down to Flatbush avenue to join a few thousand heavy drinking west Indians parading through large clouds of dope smoke down the mean streets of Brooklyn. Nothing like chugging rum at dawn with a bunch of lunatics and getting painted, oiled and talced.

This year's photos were not great, not even as good as last year's. I don't know if the problem was more me or the event itself. The vibe just wasn't the same this year. Nevertheless, in a few days I'll have some kind of website up and will link to it here.

In the meantime, the above picture gives you a bit of a taste, vibe and all.